Mica Notz has over 28 years of experience in the Human Resources legal compliance arena. She is highly skilled in dealing with employee relations, investigations, disability accommodations, discipline issues, mediations, family medical leave situations and a variety of other employee related issues. She holds countless years of experience in creating employee handbooks that meet the state and federal requirements of each and every business operating in the the State of Connecticut.
As a certified department of labor unemployment representative, Notz|HR has represented at numerous unemployment appeals on behalf of both the employee and the employer. She hold the knowledge and experience your company needs prior to terminating an employee to keep your business from even having to attend these types of hearings and if you must attend, Notz|HR can provide your company with knowledgeable, experienced and skilled representation, avoiding the high costs of outside consultations and high legal fees.
More importantly however, Mica Notz has successfully provided non-attorney representation on thousands of employee discrimination and injury cases over the last twenty-eight (28) years as an Employment Law Paralegal representing at the Commission on Human Rights & Opportunities, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Department of Labor and CT Workers’ Compensation Commission. She is more than just your normal Human Resources Consultant. She has worked in the employment law field her entire career and she has the know-how and experience necessary for your company to maintain successful employee relations. More importantly, she knows what must be done and what should be in place, to help you stay out of the employment law litigation arena.
NotzHR is your one-stop-consultant for all your employee relations needs. The following are just a few of the services we provide:
- Contractual HR services (on a yearly set fee or hourly basis)
- Customized and company specific compliant employee handbooks
- Non-Compete Agreements
- Separation Agreements
- Unemployment Compensation Representation
- Workers’ Compensation Representation
- Commission on Human Rights & EEOC Representation
- Connecticut Mandatory Sexual Harassment Training for Supervisory Staff & Employees
- Employer/Employee Mediations
- On-Site/on-call to deal with employee disputes, discipline, complaints, investigations
- ADA/FMLA compliance/review
- Other services include advertising, interviewing potential employees, composing job descriptions, personnel file compliance, and a variety of other non-specific services.
Don’t want the expense of having a fully trained HR specialist on staff, but want the comfort of having one just a phone call away? Just give us a call and we will meet all of your employee relations needs.